We loved Born a Crime, and so did our students! If you haven’t checked out this free-choice prose non-fiction memoir, you’re missing out! This engaging memoir tackles tough topics such as race, identity, and growing up in a post-colonial world. But…Trevor Noah tells his story in a comedic way that is sure to make your students laugh. This text works great with Paper 2, IO, or HLE…give it a try!
This literary unit includes:
- 10 complete lessons
- Essential contextual background
- Formative and summative assessments (oral and written)
- Discussion questions
- Student sample writing
- Range of speaking and writing activities
- Page numbers and audiobook timestamps for quick reference
- Graphic organizers, sentence stems, and more!