Without question, this is one of our favorite texts! Our students love it for its accessibility as well as the rich language and ideas. Our 12-lesson unit is complete with a wide range of activities, formative assessments, and both a creative and analytical summative assessment. Choose what works best for you!
For teachers considering assessment options, we’ve had students score big points on Paper 2, IO, and HLE with this text. If you’ve never read O’Brien’s work, buckle up and prepare for the ride!
Our The Things They Carried complete teaching unit includes:
- 12 complete lessons
- Historical context activities
- Links to audio for key scenes
- Paper 1 activities with samples
- Paper 2 activities with samples
- Creative assessment option with samples
- Complete set of graphic organizers and activities
- Socratic Seminar and other discussion opportunities