Can you say Global Issues? Perhaps no other novel we’ve worked with has the rich Global Issues contained in Atwood’s Oryx and Crake. Not only that, but it’s a seamless blend with TOK in terms of discussing ethics and morality. Our kids found this text engaging, challenging, and great for assessments. We’re hopeful that your learners will as well! Note: This text contains mature themes and ideas and may not be appropriate for more conservative teaching contexts.
The Oryx and Crake complete literary unit includes:
- 12 complete lessons
- Written and Oral practice
- Engaging video warm-ups to link the novel to the real world
- Formative and summative assessment options
- Student sample writing
- Skill-building activities
- IO guidance and support
- Creative task option
- Organizers, scaffolding, and more!